The Soque River Watershed Association, a non-profit organization, was formed in 1998 to protect and restore the Soque River, its tributaries and watershed. The membership based organization hosts events, clean-ups and implements sustainability projects such as cattle fencing projects, stream bank restoration, and innovative storm water management.
The primary focus and outcome of their efforts are:
- Protect existing water quality
- Restore impaired water quality through “ground projects” that address the central causes of impairment to the Soque Watershed
- Educate the community through programs, workshops, publications and outings.
- Collaborate with county municipalities on a variety of projects such as restoration, storm water infiltration, community garden.
- Celebrate our successes and enjoy the beauty of the Soque River Watershed.
The Soque River Watershed Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by Internal Revenue Service. For more information on becoming a member of or making a donation please visit their website: soque.org